|MEADVILLE, Pa. (April 3) – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is reminding anglers, boaters and the general public that it will hold its annual Open House at the Linesville State Fish Hatchery on Saturday, April 6, from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The annual event offers plenty to do and see:
- Watch the walleye spawning process including fish sorting, removing/fertilizing eggs.
- See native fish species in the 10,000-gallon viewing tank.
- Learn how to tell the age of fish; tie knots; tie flies and cast; rig a rod; and fillet/cook fish.
- Buy a $3 t-shirt and put a fish print on it.
- Buy your PA fishing license, posters, patches, and books.
- Practice your casting skills in the Kids Casting Area.
- Visit the boating safety tent to stay current on boating regulations.
- Talk to staff from the PFBC and other partner agencies at their booths.
Shuttle service from the parking areas to the Visitor Center will be provided.
Directions: Turn off of State Route 6 at the only light in downtown Linesville and go ½ mile to the entrance. The address is 13300 Hartstown Road, Linesville, PA 16424.