|MEADVILLE, Pa. – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) will hold their annual Open House at the Linesville State Fish Hatchery on Saturday, April 7, from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This is the biggest public event our agency hosts,” said Keith Edwards, PFBC Northwest Region Outreach and Education Coordinator. “Thousands of people attend each year to shake off the winter blues and get excited about the upcoming fishing and boating season.”
“The Linesville hatchery and the walleye spawning process are the focal points of this event,” he added. “Also, staff from other bureaus within the PFBC will also be onsite to show and demonstrate what they do.”
What to do and see:
- Watch the walleye spawning process including fish sorting, removing/fertilizing eggs.
- See native fish species in the 10,000 gallon viewing tank.
- Learn how to: tell the age of fish; tie knots; tie flies and cast; rig a rod; fillet/cook fish.
- Buy a $3 t-shirt and put a fish print on it.
- Buy your PA fishing license, posters, patches, and books.
- Practice your casting skills in the Kids Casting Area.
- Visit the boating safety tent to stay current on boating regulations.
- Talk to staff from the PFBC and other partner agencies at their booths.
Shuttle service from the parking areas to the Visitor Center will be provided.
Directions: The address is 13300 Hartstown Road, Linesville, PA 16424. Turn off of State Route 6 at the only light in downtown Linesville and go ½ mile to the entrance. Contact: