|Meadville, PA – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission will hold their annual Open House at the Linesville State Fish Hatchery on Saturday, April 2, 2011 from 11a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
What to do and see:
- Watch the walleye spawning process including fish sorting, removing/fertilizing eggs.
- See native fish species in the 10,000 gallon viewing tank.
- Learn how to: tell the age of fish; tie knots; tie flies and cast; rig a rod; fillet/cook fish.
- Buy a $3 t-shirt and put a fish print on it.
- Buy your PA fishing license, posters, patches, and books.
- Practice your casting skills in the Kids Casting Area.
- Visit the boating safety tent to stay current on boating regulations.
- Talk to staff from the PFBC and other partner agencies at their booths.
Shuttle service from the parking areas to the Visitor Center will be provided.
There’s something for everyone, so follow the crowd to the hatchery.
Directions: Turn off of State Route 6 at the only light in downtown Linesville and go ½ mile to the entrance. The address is 13300 Hartstown Road, Linesville, PA 16424.
For more information, contact:
The mission of the Fish and Boat Commission is to protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities. For more information about fishing and boating in Pennsylvania, please visit our website at www.fishandboat.com.