|Meadville, PA – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission will hold their annual Open House
at the Linesville State Fish Hatchery on Saturday, April 3, 2010 from 11am – 3:30 p.m.
What to do and see:
- Visitors can watch the entire walleye spawning process including the sorting of fish from trap nets and taking and fertilizing eggs.
- Look at native fish species in the 10,000 gallon viewing tank.
- Watch demonstrations on how to tell the age of a fish, how to rig a fishing rod, and how to fillet and cook your fish.
- Buy a $3 t-shirt and put a fish print on it.
- Learn about fly tying and casting.
- Practice your casting skills in the Kids Casting Area.
- Buy your PA fishing license, posters, patches, and books.
- Visit the boating safety tent to stay current on boating regulations.
- Talk to staff from the PFBC and other partner agencies at their booths.
Shuttle service from the parking areas to the Visitor Center will be provided.
There’s something for everyone, so follow the crowd to the hatchery.
Directions: Turn off of State Route 6 at the only light in downtown Linesville and go ½ mile to the entrance. The address is 13300 Hartstown Road, Linesville, PA 16424.
For more information, contact:
The mission of the Fish and Boat Commission is to protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s
aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities. For more information about fishing and
boating in Pennsylvania, please visit our website at www.fishandboat.com.