|The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is seeking nominations for the 2010 Commissioner Paul J. Mahon Access for All Award. The deadline for nominations is June 18, 2010.
The Access for All Award Program was created in 2006 to recognize the efforts of Commissioner Paul J. Mahon to ensure accessibility to the Commonwealth’s waterways for all individuals interested in fishing and boating, regardless of physical ability. The award is intended to acknowledge Pennsylvania citizens or organizations who have made outstanding contributions, above and beyond legal requirements, to improving fishing and boat access for the disabled.
Recipients are recognized for their work in meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Been personally involved in the provision of angling and/or boating activities that directly support the recreational needs of the disabled.
- Led a regional or statewide effort to improve access to angling and/or boating resources by the disabled.
- Played a lead role in the development and construction of a major facility for disabled anglers and/or boaters.
- Significantly improved or enhanced the quality of the angling and/or boating experience in ways that make a substantial difference for persons with a disability.
- Worked passionately and selflessly, over an extended period of time, to improve recreational use of Pennsylvania waters on behalf of the disabled angler and/or boater.
The nomination should describe the following in a maximum of three typewritten pages.
- The name of the award.
- Names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses (if applicable) of the nominee and the person submitting the nomination.
- Brief biographical information.
- How the nominee meets the criteria for recognition.
- Specific accomplishments of the nominee.
- Past recognitions of the nominee.
- Affiliations of the nominee.
- Additional information to support the nomination.
Please do not include letters of support or other endorsements. Only the nominations (maximum of three typewritten pages) will be submitted to the review committee.
Current employees, Commissioners, and Boating Advisory Board members of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission are not eligible for this award, but they are encouraged to submit nominations.
Please submit nominations electronically (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to the following address:
Access for All Award
Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
PO Box 67000
Harrisburg, PA 17106-7000