|The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is seeking nominations for the Stanley Long Outstanding Volunteer Service Award. The deadline for nominations is March 20, 2012.
The Outstanding Volunteer Service Award Program was created in 2003 to publicize and recognize the contributions made to Pennsylvania anglers and boaters by Commission volunteers. The program identifies and honors the Commission’s most exemplary and inspiring volunteer. Although volunteers are best characterized as unsung heroes, their tireless efforts and voluminous contributions augment and ensure public safety and provide services to countless Commonwealth anglers and boaters. The award serves as a memorial to long-time volunteer Stanley Long.
The following criteria provide a set of qualities that the Commission believes demonstrates exemplary volunteer service:
- Minimum of five years volunteer service with the Commission.
- Recognized by his or her peers as contributing above and beyond standard performance.
- Significantly espoused and advanced the Commission’s mission and goals.
- Attained performance that has reflected positively (including formal and informal accolades) on the Commission and him- or herself as a Commission volunteer.
- Promoted positive character traits, such as caring, citizenship, fairness, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness; and furthered proactive policies and programs that embody volunteerism.
- Has not, within the past two years, violated the Commission’s Work Rules or Standards of Conduct.
The nomination should describe the following in a maximum of three typewritten pages.
- The name of the award.
- Names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses (if applicable) of the nominee and the person submitting the nomination.
- Brief biographical information.
- How the nominee meets the criteria for recognition.
- Specific accomplishments of the nominee.
- Past recognitions of the nominee.
- Affiliations of the nominee.
- Additional information to support the nomination.
Please do not include letters of support or other endorsements. Only the nominations (maximum of three typewritten pages) will be submitted to the review committee.
Current employees, Commissioners, and Boating Advisory Board members of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission are not eligible for this award, but they are encouraged to submit nominations.
Please submit nominations to the following address:
Outstanding Volunteer Award
Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
PO Box 67000
Harrisburg, PA 17106-7000