constructed in 1903, the Pleasant Gap Fish Culture Station (hatchery) is situated on 26 developed acres (37 total acres)
of land owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and managed by the Fish and Boat Commission.
The facility consists of exterior concrete raceways, a hatchery building that contains concrete and fiberglass interior
raceways, and heath egg incubators.
Water supply to the facility is from a wide array of sources: springs, creek, production wells, and a quarry surface
water excavation reservoir.
The hatchery grounds are part of the Commission's Pleasant Gap complex, which houses administrative offices for
the Bureaus' of Fisheries and Engineering & Development, as well as the Northcentral Region Law Enforcement office.