| Mentored Youth Trout Days are March 22, and April 5, 2014, beginning at 8 a.m. and ending at 7:30 p.m., the map below shows program waters.
To participate, anglers 16 years of age or older (adult anglers) must possess a valid Pennsylvania Fishing License and current Trout/Salmon Permit and be accompanied by a youth (less than 16 years of age) who has obtained a Mentored Youth Fishing Permit or Voluntary Youth Fishing License from the Commission.
- The Mentored Youth Permit is free, and the Voluntary Youth License is $2.70 ($1.00 cost plus $1.70 in agent/transaction fee).
- While both the permit and the Voluntary Youth License provide the opportunity for youth to fish on Mentored Youth Fishing Days, the Voluntary Youth License provides an extended return for both Pennsylvania’s youth and the Commission.
- For each Voluntary Youth License purchased for $2.70, the PFBC receives $5 back in funding as a federal reimbursement. The same applies for each Voluntary Youth License Voucher once it is redeemed. The Commission receives no federal reimbursement for Mentored Youth Fishing Permits.
- The funds received from the sales of the Voluntary Youth License reimbursement are then dedicated toward investment in youth outreach and education programs—helping to ensure the future of fishing.
- While both the permit and the Voluntary Youth License provide the opportunity to participate in Mentored Youth Fishing Days, the Commission encourages anglers to purchase either a Voluntary Youth License or a Voluntary Youth License Voucher—for the future of fishing!
- More information about the Voluntary Youth Fishing License
- Buy a Voluntary Youth Fishing License – Instructions for buying at the Outdoor Shop
Youth anglers must obtain a Mentored Youth Fishing Permit or Voluntary Youth Fishing License from the Commission and be accompanied by an adult angler in order to participate. Youth permits and voluntary licenses will be available beginning Feb. 1, 2014, at GoneFishingPA.com or at any of the more than 900 licensing agents across the state.
The minimum size is 7 inches; the creel limit is 2 trout (combined species) per angler. Other Commonwealth inland regulations apply.
It is unlawful for adult anglers to fish in waters designated under the Mentored Youth Program without a valid Fishing License and Trout/Salmon Permit and without being accompanied by a youth who has a permit or voluntary license.