2000 Pennsylvania Trout/Salmon Stamp
Artist: Mark A. Susinno - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Summary of the Art Competition for the 2000 Trout/Salmon Stamp & Print
- Artists were required to paint a brook trout. It is the 30th anniversary of the brook trout being named
the official state fish of Pennsylvania.
- This is the 10th year of the trout/salmon stamp and print program.
- 68 paintings were submitted from 62 different artists.
- Approximately 50 people attended the contest at the Harrisburg Area Commmunity
College Wildwood Conference Center held on Wednesday, May 26, 1999.
- The winning entry was submitted by Mark A. Susinno, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Mr.
Susinno previously painted the 1991 trout/salmon stamp and print, also a brook trout.
- All entries were evaluated and scored by judges. The field was narrowed down to 8 for a final round of judging.
- 1st - Mark Susinno - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- 2nd - Christopher Leeper - Youngstown, Ohio (Click for Image)
- 3rd - Ron Jenkins - Charlo, Montana (Click for Image)
- 4th - Rob Stine - Vestal, New York
- 5th (tie) - Susan Bankey Yoder - Atglen, Pennsylvania
- 5th (tie) - Paul R. Fenwick - Neshanic Station, New Jersey
- 7th - Paul R. Fenwick - Neshanic Station, New Jersey
- 8th - Bob Anderson - Volant, Pennsylvania
Mark Susinno signs his painting
- Del Graff, PFBC
- Dennis Guise, PFBC
- George LaVanish, Wilderness Editions
- Enoch "Inky" Moore, Commissioner, PFBC
- Ted Walke, PFBC
From left: Tim Klinger,
Del Graff, George LaVanish, Ted Walke
Dennis Guise, Commissioner
Inky Moore, Exec. Dir. Pete Colangelo
Trout/Salmon Stamp Index -- PFBC Home
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Web Privacy and Security