|Meadville, PA – Even though it still feels like winter, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) will hold their annual spring Open House at the Linesville State Fish Hatchery on Saturday, April 5, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
These activities are scheduled:
- Kids can practice their casting skills in the Kids Casting Area.
- Learn basic fly casting.
- Learn basic fly tying.
- How to tell the age of fish.
- Basic knot tying and how to rig a fishing rod.
- Buy a $3 t-shirt and put a fish print on it.
- Buy your PA fishing license, posters, patches, and books.
- Visit the boating safety tent to stay current on boating regulations.
- Visit with staff from various divisions within the PFBC and other partner agencies at their booths.
Several of the traditional activities at the Open House are dependent on having open water at Pymatuning. The lingering effects of winter may prevent these from occurring. This includes such things as:
- Walleye spawning demonstrations, including fish sorting, removing/fertilizing eggs.
- Fish filleting and cooking demonstrations.
- Viewing fish in the 10,000 gallon viewing tank.
Shuttle service from the parking areas to the Visitor Center will be provided.
There’s something for everyone, so follow the crowd to the hatchery.
Directions: Turn south off State Route 6 at the only light in downtown Linesville and travel ½ mile to the entrance. The address is 13300 Hartstown Road, Linesville, PA 16424.